How to Choose a Pushchair?: When choosing a pushchair, our first priority is its exterior appearance. However, when choosing a pushchair, you should not be deceived by its appearance. A number of criteria should be evaluated to understand which pushchair will be the best for your baby among thousands of varieties and brands. Here are the things to consider when choosing a pushchair. Continue reading to find out more about how to choose a pushchair?
Bugaboo UK discount codes
How to Choose a Pushchair?
Baby’s comfort and convenience
- First of all, your baby’s comfort should be your priority.
- For this, the thickness of the seat and the backrest must be foldable and adjustable at various levels.
- It should have a front tray and be easily removed and installed.
- Particular attention should be paid to the sun protection feature of the pushchair awning and its gradual folding.
- First of all, make sure that the metal parts of the pushchair are solid. Some brands use perishable metal for easy carrying and lighter weight, which puts the child’s safety at risk.
- The safety mechanism of the pushchair should not open and close easily so that your child cannot open it.
- You should be able to see that your baby is safe when the hood of the pushchair is completely closed. So be careful with this feature.
- Examine the manufacturer of the pushchair and the quality of the fabrics used.
- Prefer the seat belt to be a 5-point seat belt that will grip both the waist and shoulders, not just the waist.
- The pushchair must have TS EN 1888 certificate. This document documents that the pushchair you will buy has been produced in accordance with European safety standards and shows that the safety of babies is ensured. For this reason, the pushchair you will buy must have the TS EN 1888 label.
Practicality and ease of use
- The fact that the pushchair can be easily opened and folded provides you with great convenience.
- Another important feature is that the pushchair takes up little space when folded.
- The fact that the direction of the pushchair can be rotated on both sides allows you to turn your baby towards yourself or outside whenever you want.
- Other important criteria are that the pushchair is not too heavy, the brake system works well, and the wheels can rotate 360 degrees.
Warranty period and service network
- Check the warranty period and scope of the pushchair you will buy against problems and malfunctions that you may experience in the future.
- Choose the products of brands that provide after-sales service and have a wide service network.
- Do not buy products that are out of production or about to end.
Suitability for your lifestyle
- Your lifestyle and where you will use the pushchair are a determining factor in which pushchair you should buy.
- If you are going to use it on the street, on the sidewalks or in the park, choose durable pushchairs with good suspension.
- If you want a pushchair for hiking, buy heavier and larger wheels.
- If you are going to use it mostly indoors such as shopping malls, you can choose pushchairs whose wheels can rotate 360 degrees, high maneuverability, easy to fold and light.
Types of Pushchairs
The most widely used pushchairs. It generally has a carrying capacity of 20 kilograms. It has a reclining feature, a folding awning, maneuverable wheels and an aluminum skeleton structure.
Cane type pushchairs
They are practical, light and easy to use strollers. They take up little space but are not very comfortable.
Jogger type pushchairs
They are quite large pushchairs with 2 wheels in the back and one in the front. It is produced to lose weight and keep fit after pregnancy. Although large, they are easy to use pushchairs.
Travel system pushchairs
They are multi-functional pushchairs that can be used from birth and can be used separately from the baby carriage as a carrier seat, car seat and baby lap.