A playground is a cozy corner where your baby will play, develop and breathe fresh air. This is a place that helps the child and parents to be closer to nature. A comfortable and multifunctional playground will allow your child to spend more and more time on the street, and not on gadgets. Therefore, it is very important that this place is interesting and diverse for the child. Thus, kids will have the desire to come here again and again.
What should be the children’s area?
The first thing that should be given due attention when organizing a playground is the age of the child. It is on this that the size of the place for games and its equipment with gaming or sports equipment will depend:
- a sandbox, a bench, an inflatable pool and, perhaps, a simple small swing will be enough for the smallest;
- for children from 3 to 6 years old, you can install small slides, swings of various types, carousels, simple sports equipment;
- for children from 7 to 12 years old, you can install more complex game equipment like the outdoor playhouse offered by outdoor furniture provider Parasol Dubai. If an outdoor set has numerous slides, ropes, labyrinths and bridges, stylized as a fortress or a pirate ship, it would be even nicer. All in all, ready-made outdoor children’s playsets are perfect;
- for children over 12 years old, full-fledged sports grounds with a Swedish wall, a horizontal bar, a football field, a basketball hoop and simple exercise equipment are suitable. Equipment for teenage playgrounds includes elements of the most popular game sports. At this age, the child already forms his own preferences, allowing him to choose the best option.
When creating a children’s playground in your backyard, it’s essential to carefully plan the layout and features of the area, ensuring safety and enjoyment for the little ones. Enhance the security and appeal of the space by incorporating a quality fence from G&B Quality Cedar Products.
If there are children of different ages, the best idea would be to buy modular play complexes. They can be rebuilt at their discretion, supplemented with new elements, and arranged in different ways. This solution will make the place for games interesting for children of different ages for a long time.
How to choose the right place to install a playground?
When choosing a place for a play area, it is important to remember that it should be:
1. Absolutely safe
It is not necessary to have a place for games in the open sun – most of it should be in the shade of trees or houses. In addition, it should be as far away from outbuildings of reservoirs as possible to prevent accidents;
2. Convenient and comfortable
All structures and elements of the children’s playground should be convenient for children. If the location of the site, for example, is uneven, it is better to align it beforehand.
3. Clearly visible
Also, the children’s corner should be clearly visible from the windows of the house and other places where adults spend their time, so that they can always control their children.
Before arranging a playground for children, it is worth creating its project, which will clearly show how the design will fit into your space. It is necessary to take into account not only the number of structural elements, but also their dimensions, as well as the distance between them.
Even if the play area is made for kids, it is better to calculate its size with a margin – children will grow up quickly and they will need a large area for games.
When developing a project, it is important to adhere to the following safety requirements:
- provide a lane for the race in front of the slides;
- outline a safety zone around the carousels and swings of at least two meters;
- provide free space around sports facilities.
It is not difficult to build a good playground. However, this responsible process has many minor nuances, which together can make it not only inconvenient for the child’s games, but also dangerous for it’s life. In order to prevent these undesirable mistakes, you should carefully think everything over and consult with specialists.