Are you considering the idea of re-flooring your home because the current tiles don’t just vibe with you anymore? In that case, if you’re buying tiles from an online tilestore, then you will need a lot of guidance.
So, we are here to tell you everything you must consider before choosing high-quality tiles and flooring options for your house.
Importance of Buying Impeccable Tiles from a Reputed Tile Store
Whether you are installing a new flooring plan for your living room or want new tiles for your bathroom, many things have to be considered when deciding on something as important as this.
Since the market is loaded with variety and thousands of options where tiles are concerned, you must take your time, research, talk to experts, and then decide. We will discuss various things you should consider while buying tiles. But before that, let’s discuss the benefits of buying high-quality tiles.
Benefits of Buying High-Quality Tiles
- High-quality tiles and flooring last for a very long time.
- These tiles are incredibly durable and won’t crack easily under pressure.
- The aesthetic value of tiles is the key to ensuring your home looks excellent, which is why it is preferred to explore high-end options.
- Buy the highest quality tiles so they don’t deteriorate or fade away quickly.
- Some high-quality tiles also come with a limited-time warranty, so if a tile cracks in the set period, you can always have it replaced.
- They have a wide variety of textures and color options that you can match to your interior.
So, if you’re planning to purchase tiles, keep these points in perspective, and you will know why you must have the highest quality tiles and always research before making a purchase.
Most people would instead purchase tiles after physically assessing their quality and textures. However, you can also purchase tiles from an online tilestore. Some of these tile stores offer maximum insight regarding their tiles and flooring options, so you never have to make the extra effort of going to the market.
It saves time, and the tiles are delivered to you without stepping out of the house.
4 Things to Consider When Choosing Quality Tiles
Let’s discuss some of the most important aspects of choosing tiles for your house without further ado.
1. Understand Tile Hardness
While looking through available tile options, one of the most important aspects is how the tile hardness works.
The hardness is the most crucial aspect of a tile since it determines how much pressure it can endure and whether it can handle spills and scratches from your pets, foot traffic, and furniture.
Most tile manufacturers in the market use the Mohs scale to determine the tile hardness. It divides the hardness level into five levels, and we are breaking them down below;
- Class I – These tiles are only recommended for walls.
- Class II – These tiles are recommended for walls and floors for rooms with light traffic.
- Class III – These tiles are recommended for walls, countertops, and rooms with little traffic.
- Class IV – These tiles can be installed in rooms with moderate traffic.
- Class V – These are heavy-duty tiles recommended for indoor and outdoor use in homes and commercial areas.
So, before deciding on the hardness, realize where you’re going to install the tiles and then choose accordingly.
2. Type of Tiles
Next, you must figure out which type of tile you would like to install. This aspect depends significantly on where you plan to install the tiles in your home. Most people would like to install porcelain tiles in their bathrooms and wooden tiles in their rooms.
You can choose from the following range;
- Ceramic Tiles – Ceramic tiles are the most affordable and durable. However, these tiles are quite prone to chipping.
- Vitrified Tiles – Vitrified tiles are solid, durable, stain and moisture-resistant. They are available in different color pellets and textures. You can also choose from varieties of vitrified tiles, including double-charged ones.
- Porcelain Tiles – Porcelain tiles are more robust and dense than ceramic tiles. Plus, they are scratch and stain-resistant. However, they do come at a higher price point.
- Cement Tiles – if you’re looking for more traditional patterns, cement tiles have covered you. However, due to their porous nature, they need long-term maintenance.
These are the most common types of tiles available in the market. However, you will also find limestone, marble, and travertine tiles once you surf.
3. The Right Size
Another thing you must keep in perspective is the accurate size of your floor. While choosing the ideal size, ensure there is little to no wastage of tile during the installation. The lesser the wastage, the cheaper it will be for you.
Most people would like to go for smaller tiles for the bathrooms and kitchen, whereas larger tiles look stunning in living rooms and bedrooms. So, choose as per your preference.
4. Consider Color Wisely
Did you know that color can have a substantial impact on your mood? Several studies show that colors greatly influence our mood, so when choosing tiles, you must consider the color pellet wisely.
While most people would choose tiles according to their home interior, which you should also do, try to create coherence in your space with the color contrast you choose. For instance, if you have a blue interior, you can choose blue tools in a different, probably lighter shade of blue. It will look exquisite, and the incomer will see harmony in your interior.
Always choose subtle colors since they make it very difficult to concentrate. But even if you want louder colors in your home, try and bring the loudness down by using different elements.
So, these are a few elements you must remember while choosing flooring options or tiles for your home. While the choice may seem difficult when searching on the internet or contemplating the market.
But, if you know what to look for, the materials, color, and hardness level, you can save yourself from a lot of trouble.
We hope this article helped. Thank you for reading.