Tips for Working From Home: Wake up early every morning, get ready, try to get to work in the city traffic, work at a certain time interval, get off work and go home… Even reading is tiring, isn’t it? This is exactly why the way home office working is preferred by many employees and businesses day by day. In addition, many workplaces have switched to home office order for protection from corona virus. So, what kind of home office decoration should be preferred for an efficient working environment? Let’s jump into the tips for working from home.
6 Proven Tips for Working From Home
What is Home Office?
Home office (home office, working from home, working remotely or working remotely) is briefly moving the workspace home. Those who have professions that are suitable for working from home, such as software developers, designers, architects, copywriters, can move the office environment to the home and work freelance from home (independent of any workplace). In the meantime, it is worth noting that the number of people working at home offices is increasing day by day due to the increase in the use of laptops and remote connections in many businesses.
How to Decorate Workspace?
Part of your living space will also be your workspace! So, how should home office decoration be? In fact, the answer to this question is “How should the decoration of the study room be?” We can say that it is the same as the question. After all, setting up a home office is actually setting up a study room or space!
Now, let’s start to offer tips for working from home to those who want to work remotely or who currently want to work from home and organize their business.
Related guest article
If You Don’t Have a Working Room, Design a Private Space to Work
This is great news if you have room for the study! Of course, if there is no space that you can use as a study, it’s okay. Because you can create a suitable area for yourself to work in parts of your home such as living room and bedroom. Please read more tips for working from home.
For example, a dining table or wall-mounted tables that you can position in a suitable place in the bedroom can be suitable work areas. The important thing to create a right space is to take into account the work area decoration ideas we have listed for you and our other suggestions and to implement an application in this direction. Continue reading to get additional tips for working from home.
Avoid Exaggeration in Furniture and Decorative Product Use
“How should the working room be?” Let’s give the most important answers to the question immediately. First of all, your main furniture such as desk, office chair and bookcase should definitely take place in the area. So, what should you consider when choosing these products?
- It is very important that the desk and work chair are comfortable. You should make sure that the desk you choose is sufficient in terms of your computer and other equipment you will use. Of course, the space in your home is also effective in making this decision, but don’t worry… There are dozens of models to suit your needs and wishes!
- In terms of ideal size, when you sit on your chair, the desk should be between your chest and waist. For this reason, you can choose adjustable height products when choosing a chair. Below are more listed tips for working from home.
- The library helps keep your workspace more organized. However, you should not forget that in addition to its functionality, the library is also a very important piece of furniture for the decoration of the space. Metal detailed wooden bookcases are among the popular choices of recent times. Also, let’s remind you that you can consider this decoration suggestion when choosing a desk. Additional tips for working from home below.
- If you are not going to buy a desk or chair and you are going to turn a point such as a dining table into your work area, then we recommend that you choose products that will provide comfort such as a waist cushion. Let’s take a look more tips for working from home below.
Your work area should be as simple as possible. For this reason, you should get enough products with simple designs as possible in both the furniture and decorative products you prefer.
For example, while examining home office decoration models, you thought that a berjer would be nice for reading. While one berjer was enough, you bought two berjers and made your working environment narrower and more crowded. But a crowded room can create the perception that the space is cluttered and can create an obstacle to your attention. For this reason, it is always a good idea to make a minimalist decoration application in the work rooms of home offices! Below are more tips for working from home.
Benefit from the Effects of Color
Although we are not aware of it, colors have an important place in our lives and this also applies to home decoration. The colors you choose when decorating a home office or designing a study room are very important for you to focus and get efficiency while working with tips for working from home.
For example, you can choose brown and black tones on the desk. However, generally choosing dark tones in study room colors can cause you to decorate a boring room. A room decorated with bright colors can cause distraction. Therefore, you should create a balanced color combination. More information below including tips for working from home.
You can choose energizing and imaginative colors such as yellow, orange, purple and lilac in your study room decorations. To find out which color is suitable for the decoration you want to apply, you can get help from our article “Psychological Effects of Colors in Home Decoration: Color Usage Guide by Rooms and Trends“.
If you are not going to set up a working room and you are going to use an existing point in your home as a working area, then you should choose areas that are calm and do not bother with decoration. Keep reading to get more tips for working from home.
Take Care of Lighting
Lighting is directly related to working efficiency. For this reason, it is very important to position your work area at a point that can receive daylight. In the evening, of course, you will benefit from the ceiling lighting. In cases where ceiling lighting is not sufficient, be sure that table lamps are your savior. “How Should Work Desk Lighting Be?” our article is a guide to the right lighting!
Get Help from Products to Keep You Organized
It is difficult to focus on an irregular area and your motivation to work will be low. For this reason, it is very important to provide order in home office work areas as in every area of the house. In addition to libraries, you can organize your study with document organizers, storage boxes and shelved work tables. Keep things organized is important for tips for working from home.
If you do not normally work from home, you have to work remotely due to the coronavirus and you do not have a working room, then you should maintain order in the area where you spend your working hours. A messy desk full of documents you don’t need can distract you. For this reason, you should only keep the tools and equipment you need in your work area.
The Must Have: Tea and Coffee Maker
You know; not without drinking tea or coffee to soak up while working! For this reason, we recommend that you include machines that will allow you to easily prepare tea and coffee in the kitchen of your home. One of the best tips for working from home.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Working Home Office?
Home office working conditions have both advantages and disadvantages. These points are actually “What should home workers pay attention to?” also answers the question.
- Most freelancers are free about working hours and can shape their daily lives accordingly. Although this is considered among the advantages of working from home, you should remember that your working hours may take longer than you think if you are not planned. Setting yourself rules as in business life and obeying these rules while working can keep you organized. More listed tips for working from home below.
- You don’t waste time on the road and you can spend more time for yourself.
- You cannot be interrupted while working due to external factors such as the talking of colleagues and the sounds around. But if the home office design is not done well, this may cause you to be distracted.
- Being planned is also important for your sleep patterns. For example, you may think that you are better focused at night and you can work at night and wake up during the day; But you must remember that the human body needs a night’s sleep and daylight.
- By working from home, you can avoid travel expenses, but this can cause your body to be sedentary and lose your health. For this reason, you should take small breaks and take care of walking during the day.
If you think about what you need to do in order to maintain order and work more comfortably during the home office working period, you can take a look at our related articles below including more tips for working from home.
Home office ideas and solutions are at Voucherix for those who want to do their own business from home and keep their productivity as they work in the office.